Caring Deeply for our Foodservice Family
Here at Torani, our purpose is “Flavor for All. Opportunity for All.” This means every bottle of Torani carries two promises:
- The first is to deliver amazing, trend-forward flavor for your creative beverages.
- Our second promise, which carries just as much importance to us, is to help all the people, partners, and communities we touch thrive.
How do we do this?
Since the beginning, caring deeply for people has been at our core and we’ve always believed that businesses can, and should, create more opportunities for people. That’s why we decided to become a certified B Corporation and join a community of companies who are all about using business as a force for good. Learn more about Torani’s B Corp score here.
Two of the ways we extend this care to our foodservice family, specifically the independent café community, is through the Torani Café Opportunity Fund and our Mentorpreneurship Program.
Torani Café Opportunity Fund
At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we saw a gap in the support offered to the coffee community. So we decided to start a fund dedicated to helping the cafes and baristas impacted by COVID. In 2020 we were able to support:
- 60+ cafes with grants to help them reopen their business.
- 250+ baristas with grants, grocery gifts cards, produce boxes, meals and more.
- 600+ international cafes with “restart packages” to help them get back on their feet.
Now that the coffee industry is getting back to business, we are shifting the fund’s focus from relief to development. We are partnering with incredible organizations and purpose-driven cafes that are creating opportunities for individuals in the café industry to thrive in their work life, with a focus on underserved communities. Our three partner organizations for 2020-2021 include Go Fund Bean, Glitter Cat Barista, and the Coffee Coalition for Racial Equity.
- Go Fund Bean exists to support, uplift, and defend the hourly coffee professional.
- Glitter Cat Barista provides support, training, access to resources, and mentorship for marginalized hospitality professionals.
- Coffee Coalition for Racial Equity is a robust, global community of coffee advocates driven to bring equity and diversity into the coffee community.
Learn more about how each of these organizations are creating opportunity for all by clicking on the logos below.
Torani's Mentorpreneurship Program provides business mentoring support to for-purpose cafes working with or in underserved communities. Together, we partner to create opportunities for individuals from underserved communities to thrive in their working life.
Based on each cafes’ needs, our team members provide support ranging from website design to menu development to branding and more. For us, this is just one of the ways we can help fuel the missions of independent cafes who are using their own business to create more “Opportunity for All”.
Esteamed Coffee exists to create jobs for and empower adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our team was able to support their mission by providing marketing supporting, such as website design, menu development, social media and graphic design support, as well as creating a visual recipe guide for training their baristas with varying abilities.
Pinky’s at the Court is a cafe owned and run by Shana “Pinky” Harris. Although born legally blind, Pinky has never let that stop her from conquering the culinary frontier and owning her own business. Our team had the chance to support Pinky’s dream by working with her to create all new branding for her shop that perfectly captured her warm, welcoming flare. This branding included a new logo, website, menu board designs, and more.