2021 Fall Trends
Revisit What They Love…
But Make It Better!
Fall is a perfect time to lean into the “newstalgia” trend – its flavors tend to be traditional, yet there is always room to innovate and keep them fresh. Classic fall LTOs will drive traffic and get people in your door, but differentiated drinks engage your guests and give them something to post about!
A Twist on Tradition
With pumpkin as the seasonal lead, caramel, nut, spice and baked flavors will support and drive interest in the latter part of the fall window. Hazelnut is an often-overlooked fall flavor that, if positioned correctly, your customers will go NUTS over.
This year, try coupling your fall LTOs with plant-based milks and always offer them in both cold and hot formats.
The Flavor of Fall Festivities
The power of a good beverage name should never be underrated. Creative names that a customer can relate to will take you menu to a whole new level. This fall, try naming your LTOs after traditional fall activities that will transport your customers into that idyllic fall experience we all crave.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Fall Festivals: Take some of your favorite fall festival flavors (cotton candy, funnel cakes, caramel apples, etc.) and put them into beverage form.
- College Football: Try naming a beverage or two after your local college football team to celebrate the season. If you can make the drink the team colors – even better!
- Drinkable Desserts: Comfort foods are a big part of fall. Putting desserts in a drinkable format embraces the “newstalgia” trend and gives everyone those warm and fuzzy fall feelings.
Pumpkin is an oldie but a goodie. According to a survey conducted last year, 41% of U.S. consumers still love or like pumpkin spice.* But pumpkin is kicking off earlier and earlier each year. We recommend starting early, but keeping it fresh with new garnishes, cold formats, new flavor combos, and plant-based milk versions of the classic favorites.
Why do people love Pumpkin Spice?
- There is a perceived scarcity since its only available 6-8 weeks per year.
- It has super fans who love the flavor, the season and everything about fall, so they want to talk and post about it. * Datassential Flavor, 2020
Spooky Season is Almost Here!
Halloween is a great time to push LTOs that drive urgency. Fun names, toppers, and garnishes are all great ways make these offerings something people want to post about.
For more helpful info and tips, come join our Foodservice Family!
For 95 years, Torani has been a community-driven business. Torani's Foodservice Family Facebook Group is a space for café operators to find resources, community, and inspiration as you navigate the foodservice industry. Come and join us!